Showcase your talents to the world.
Enter your email to receive a password reset link.
Recitation is an art of demonstrating knowledge of a subject which can be poetry. There are many people who take up recitation as profession which might be aired on wireless media like TV, Radio. In academics, a student would recite poems or essays of others, either to the teacher or tutor directly, or in front of a class or body of assembled students.
Recitation is practiced as a performing art especially in India and Bangladesh. Nowadays it is a popular art form in Bengal where Bengali poems are recited on stage and electronic media. Prominent reciters from West Bengal include Shambhu Mitra, Kazi Sabyasachi, Pradeep Ghosh, Partha Ghhosh, Gauri Ghosh, Utpal Kundu. Reciters like Samiran Sanyal, Bratati Bandyopadhyay, Bijoylakshmi Burman, Pinaki Chattopadhyay,Sutapa Bandyopadhyay, Urmimala Basu, Samya Karpha to name a few, are contributing significantly in this field.
It was often popular that poet writes new poetry and recites to an audience. Recitationes were a common way for Roman poets to test and publicize their works.
Some benefits of recitation and poetry are:
1. Poetry and Rhymes plays important role to develop Rhythm and also help to learn new vocabulary words.
2. Poetry and Rhymes help learn and understand pitch, voice inflection, and volume.
3. Memorization Skills grow faster for those who recite. As they practice memorizing the poetry to recite, it links memory with audio and visual events, helping them develop memorization skills.
4. Poetry and Rhymes is a form of self-expression with the creativity of words and emotion to convey a message to the audience.
5. People who recite poetry are aware of breathe coordination, movements of the mouth and other physical gestures.
With HobbyLancer, you can share your performances for the world to applaud. If you are a professional trainer, you can showcase your services which will help you gain more students.